Senior Linux Server Engineer
Our client, a financial entity in Basel, is looking for an experienced Linux Server Engineer for an on-site 6 months contract:
What you bring:
- Understanding of IT best practices
- Deep understanding of the latest trends in technology, customer and vendor management.
- Experience of participating in IT initiatives.
- Familiar with change management procedures
- Ability to actively work to support culture change initiatives and tackle cultural barriers
- Good overall knowledge of the dependencies and how they interact
- Ability to provide third-level support and design input in an enterprise environment.
- Flexible to work outside normal working hours
- Fluent in English
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems administration experience
- System management & provisioning (Red Hat Satellite 6 and Capsules)
- Strong skills in automation (Ansible and Ansible Tower)
- Configuration management (Puppet)
- Systems monitoring (Nagios and Prometheus)
- Knowledge in backup solutions (NetWorker, Data Domain)
- Red Hat Identity Management
- Scripting (Python, Perl)
- Knowledge in container technology and container orchestrator (OpenShift)
- Degree in IT
- +5 years' work experience
- Red Hat Certified Professional
Full time, 40 hours a week + on call duty
Location: Basel, Switzerland (no remote work)
Start: immediately, negotiable
Duration: initially 6 months, with possibilities of extension
Only candidates holding a EU passport or Swiss residence permit can be considered
For more details, please contact Kinga Bovai under +41 44 229 99 20.