Senior Business Analyst (
Senior Business Analyst
On behalf of our client, one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies based in Basel we are looking for a Senior Business Analyst with experience working in various phases of product design, launch, and implementation in a pharmaceutical or healthcare environment.
All candidates must have experience in a pharmaceutical environment and hold a valid Swiss work permit or EU citizenship to be considered for this role.
- Start date: 20.04.2020
- End date: 31.12.2020
- Extension: possible
- Workload: 100%
- Work location: Basel
- Remote: 1 day per week possible
Primary Tasks and responsibilities
- Gathering and defining requirements that capture patient needs and business opportunity
- Partnering with design, engineering, and stakeholders to produce key deliverable, inform prioritization, and ship features
- Clearly and continuously advocating the patient/user experience, product vision, and objectives
- Working with multiple vendors across multiple initiatives
- Managing communications with multiple business units as well as with internal IT cross-functional teams
- Planning, participating in, and facilitating meetings; capturing meeting notes as needed, synthesizing key ideas/points and providing attendees with clear meeting outcomes and action items
- Engaging with external parties, vendors to drive/monitor key project activities.
- Engaging with Procurement, IT Security, IT Quality, Legal/Privacy, Compliance teams as required
- Overseeing system risk assessments, data classification reporting, and supplier assessment(s) as required
- Partner with 3rd party DPM provider - in an advisory & consulting capacity - to integrate the planned new interface with diverse clinical information systems at selected hospitals (in Germany & Finland)
- Attend onsite hospital visits to assess current clinical information systems, gather hospital team requirements for integration, plan and support the DPM 3rd party to deliver successful installations
- Ability to drill into technical details of the agreed architectural design eg communication protocols & align the pharma client, 3rd party and hospital stakeholders to adopt the most effective technical solutions
- Ensure that the new ecosystem enables data flows for real world data elements to transfer from the hospital systems (EHRs, eCRFs, Registries) to the pharma client's data warehouse
- Understanding ETL processes (Extract-Transfer-Load), and varying data formats / standards, to achieve the best collection of key data (from EHRs, eCRFs, Registries) in a secure & compliant manner
- Creation of step-by-step technical project plans, and ability to explain them to the business team, for achieving the above. Also, willingness to adapt plans in a fast-moving agile environment
Your skills/experiences are:
- 8+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, working in various phases of product design, launch, and implementation in a pharmaceutical or healthcare environment
- Experience with Agile/Scrum teams, as a Business Analyst, Team Member, and/or Scrum Master
- Proven Experience with Digital Health & Patient Engagement initiatives
- Expert with Smartsheet, Google Suite (Callender, Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, etc.), Slack, Jira/Confluence
- Expertise in Kubernetes and delivering content containers into the Google Cloud Platform
- Prior experience developing presentation/communication materials targeted at various levels of the organization as well as a variety of audiences (e.g. business/technical)
- Masters or PhD in systems development, computer engineering or information management systems or similar
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced complex international remote matrix team environments and influencing senior leaders & stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; able to quickly produce clearly written, well-organized documentation; excellent presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Very strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy analysis is a plus.
If you are a result-oriented Business Analyst currently looking for a challenging new position that applies to your skills, then we look forward to receiving your application!
Not the right job for you? Since new jobs are coming in every day just give me a call +41 (0)61 282 22 16. Experis, the leading IT recruitment agency in Switzerland has many open jobs, just browse our website now to find interesting professional opportunities!