Senior Java Developer (Banking - Microservices)
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services ranges from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing, and placing specialised professional talent.
A challenging role as a Senior Full stack Java Lead Developer in a demanding business (Risk Management and Portfolio Optimization).
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Implementation of new requirements, with particular focus on scalability, architecture, stability, automated testing
- Interaction with an international team of developers, architects, quantitative investment professionals and leading the effort
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Several years (7+) of experience implementing mission critical server side application in core Java
- Strong experience in designing applications using microservice architecture
- Strong experience in API design and related technologies (OpenAPI, Swagger, REST, gRPC)
- Experience in DevOps tools (Docker, Kubernetes / OpenShift, cloud & containerization technologies)
- Strong experience in highly available, multi-threaded low latency platforms
- Experience in Java application frameworks (Spring Boot)
- Experience in Enterprise Integration Patterns (Spring integration, Apache Camel)
- Experience in messaging frameworks (Apache Kafka, Apache ActiveMQ)
- Experience with versions of Java
- Previous experience of a development role in finance or computationally intense computing, e.g. banking, trading, asset management, risk management, insurance
- Understanding of financial products, time series and risk management principles
- Experience with Linux environments
- Good Team Player
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Good knowledge of Angular 5/6, experience implementing web based GUIs
- Postgraduate (Masters or PhD) studies in technical discipline from renowned university (e.g. computer science, math, physics, engineering)
- Experience of Agile practices and processes (e.g. SCRUM, KANBAN)
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Danny Besse on +41 44 229 99 45.
Even though this position may not be the perfect fit for you, please reach out to us, as we have hundreds of open positions at Experis IT across Switzerland.
Check out all of Experis' job openings at www.experis.ch or visit my personal page and connect to me on LinkedIn.