Senior IT Project Manager
Senior IT Project Manager
The Senior IT Project Manager is accountable for the successful delivery of projects via our client's IT Project Management processes and methodologies for the IT function, designed to ensure that IT projects are delivered on-time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. Responsible for resource management, vendor activity management, tracking budgets and financial forecasts, creating and tracking detailed project plans, effectively leading and facilitating project meetings as well as proactively controlling project scope, risks and issues. Additionally, this position must effectively manage the projects across global locations and time zones and be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
We can only accept candidates with EU/UK nationalities or valid Swiss work permits for this position.
- Start date: 20.04.2020
- Latest start date: 01.05.2020
- End date: 31.12.2020
- Extension: possible, must be approved
- Workload: 100%
- Work location: Basel
- Remote: max. 1 day per week (Friday) / prior approval needed
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Define, plan, and direct the execution of a broad range of projects while balancing the competing demands of scope, time, cost, quality, resources, and risk to produce high IT solutions
- Identify, acquire, and lead multifunctional, global project teams
- Ensure project objectives/requirements are clear and agreed to by all stakeholders
- Manage relationships with various IT and business stakeholders to achieve project objectives
- Facilitate project management activities across the entire project management methodology
- Ensure successful and timely completion of deliverables
- Track progress against baseline schedule
- Plan, baseline and control costs to ensure projects are completed within approved budget.
- Manage project priorities and ensure adherence to the agreed scope
- Monitor, document and gain approval for changes to schedule, cost or project scope
- Identify and apply systematic quality activities to ensure that projects employ all processes needed to meet Computer System Validation directives
- Conduct risk and issue management planning, identification, analysis and monitoring on projects.
- Formulate risk and issue mitigation strategies; recommend and implement solutions.
- Ensure delivery of project in compliance with CSV and PMM guidelines
- 8y+ of experience implementing IT Projects across a variety of platforms in a similar environment (Pharmaceutical / Diagnostics, Healthcare)
- Agile practitioner with proven knowledge of Scrum / SAFe principles and PMP certification
- Proven Organizational Change Management experience
- Strong understanding of Computer System Validation (CSV) concepts / familiarity with HP ALM or other Application Lifecycle Management
- Proven experience in leading virtual offshore teams
- Experience in project organization and resource mobilization, and management of stakeholders
- Experience dealing with management issues on a global level (scope, time, cost, quality, risk, team)
- Experience in virtual, cross functional project team management
- Strong interactive and influencing skills
- Proven vendor management experience
- Strong customer and service management focus
- Excellent communication, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong understanding of Project Management Methodology concepts (including waterfall and agile)
- Familiarity with global rollouts / releases preferred
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
Nice to have
- Experience working with R & D Technical solutions in a healthcare environment
If you are a result-oriented Senior IT Project Manager currently looking for a challenging new position that applies to your skills, then we look forward to receiving your application!
Not the right job for you? Since new jobs are coming in every day just give me a call +41 (0)61 282 22 16. Experis, the leading IT recruitment agency in Switzerland has many open jobs, just browse our website now to find interesting professional opportunities!