Senior IT Infrastructure (Backup & Storage Specialist)
On behalf of our client, a major pharmaceutical company, we are looking for a Senior IT Infrastructure // Senior System Engineer with focus on storage, backup and archiving.
- Operate and maintain the global IT infrastructure in collaboration with the established team with a focus on storage, backup and archiving technologies
- Making sure systems are standardized, available, stable, secure and ensure compliance with GxP regulations and according to SLAs
- Manage outsourced services, contract reviews, regular SLA checks, upgrades, maintenance windows, coordinate different resources during projects and manage escalation processes
- Assess, evaluate and maintain services in-house and outsourced
- Analyse and understand requirements, work with stakeholders to specify, design and select systems that deliver value to the organization
- Identify and communicate risks, advise, propose and implement appropriate actions
- Ensure the continuous improvement, automation, rationalization and management of existing IT platform services, investigate systems and models that might benefit the company
- Estimate cost and prepare business cases for solutions
- Support the components and systems at the 2nd and 3rd level following ITIL processes.
- Collaborate with other IT and business peers on a global level
- Coordinate the interfaces between the requesters (internal and/or externals), the technology group, IT and/or the business partners
- Be part of IT «on call» activities and organize or support maintenance windows activities
- Min. 10 years of experience as a system engineer and in data center operation in a similar context (global presence, multiple data centers, 500+ servers)
- Experience with transitioning from internal/on-prem service to SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Microsoft Azure) and automation
- Excellent knowledge in storage and archiving technologies such as Dell/EMC ISILON, ECS and SourceOne
- Excellent knowledge in backup solutions such as Rubrik, Veeam and IBM Spectrum protect
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server solutions and surroundings
- Excellent knowledge of virtualization (VMware, Nutanix AHV)
- English is required
- Strong team player who has previously worked with international and remote teams
Interested in this opportunity?
Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert.