Release Train Engineer / Advanced Scrum Master
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Product team (Product Manager, Product Owner(s), developers, Business Analysts, technical resources, and other stakeholders
- Manage and optimize the flow of product value using various tools, such as the Program and Solution Kanbans, boards, trackers
- Facilitate Operational Value Mapping and ART identification workshops
- Run PI planning exercise and organize teams around value delivery
- Organize, manage and facilitate the scrum process and ceremonies; daily stand-ups, demos, retrospectives, grooming and planning meetings, etc.
- Act as a subject matter expert and coach to the team in Agile methodology, tool usage, decision making process following the proper guidelines
- Resolves team impediments with the other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the product-centric delivery approach in the organization
- Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities and assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary
- Coach leaders, teams in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets, help manage risks and dependencies
- Escalate and track impediments and provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve
- Foster use of engineering and Built-In Quality practice
- 5 -10 years experience in project management
- 5 - 8 years experience in the management of complex technical projects and
- Hans-on experience on helping organization implementing Scaled Agile Practices (Release Train Engineer experience, or Scrum Master experience)
- Strong leadership experience with a servant style towards the product manager, scrum master, development team and the wider organization
- At least 4 years of experience in delivery of Healthcare software within a regulated environment
- Experience in implementing Scaled Agile Practices in a healthcare environment
- Fluent English skills (written and spoken), German is an advantage
- Has successfully led large-scale software projects (with multiple tracks of work and teams in multiple locations) from concept to delivery.
- Strong skills in leading teams, problem-solving, influencing, teamwork, initiative and communication.
- Experience in collaborating with teams on a more complex project or program decisions across multiple areas, evaluating tradeoffs and providing options and recommendations to senior executives.
- Demonstrated skills in innovation and creative approaches in building new business process solutions.