Python Developer (strong DevOps skills)
Python Developer (with DevOps engineering experience)
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services range from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing and placing specialised professional talent.
Our client, one of the World largest re-insurance companies, needs a Python Developer with strong DevOps skills for a long contract with possibility of extension in Zurich. The ideal candidate has extensive experience with Docker and Python on both Front and Back End with deep know-how of DevOps engineering.
- Write efficient, testable, reusable, and reliable codes (on premise and on Microsoft Azure) in Python
- Implement and maintain Python (Web) Front end and Back end computationally intensive applications
- Employ automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Test systems for security, performance, and availability
- Create solutions which relies on Linux, Docker, JupyterHub
- Maintain data storage solutions using Postgres, Redis, etc.
- Integration of user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Collaborate with the team in finding architecting/developing solutions
- Troubleshoot production issues (3rd level support) and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment
- Collaborate with the team of very skilled numerical programmers
- Extensive experience with Python and Docker is essential
- 3+ years' experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Expert in code deployment tools, such as Ansible or SaltStack
- Proficient understanding of GIT and DevOps standards
- Very good knowledge of Azure or AWS cloud solutions
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Professional experience building complex, highly scalable backend application is of great advantage
- Ability to use Object Relational Mapper (ORM), such as SQLAlchemy
- Firm grasp of Object-Oriented Computer Programming (OOP) & SOLID design principles expertise
- Very good knowledge of English, German skills of advantage
- EU citizenship or Swiss Permits (B and C) are absolutely required
Have we piqued your interest? Then I look forward to your CV. If you have any questions, please contact Elisabetta Gianni at +41 44 229 99 25. Even if this position is not the right fit for you, then contact me to discuss other options. I am always looking for experienced candidates and I am very happy about receiving your CV. For an overview of available IT positions, click on the link or network with me on LinkedIn.