Long-term Senior Project Manager (Scrum/Agile/OCM)
Long Term Senior Project Manager
Our global Pharmaceutical client based in Basel is looking for Senior Project Managers with strong experience in Scrum, Agile and OCM.
This is initially a 3 months contract to confirm suitability of arrangement for both sides and allow time for clarification of additional formalities - followed by potential multi-year contract. The hiring is not specific to an assignment, but rather intended for long-term augmentation of capacity & capabilities.
Start date: asap
End date: initial 3 month assignment (as described)
Extension: possible (multi year)
Work location: Basel
Remote: possible on request
Tasks & Responsibilities
As a Project Manager, you will assemble, guide, empower and serve the team through excellence in project delivery resulting in value creation for our business and eventually, our patients. You will be responsible for leading a team to deliver project outcomes, products and services in a complex IT environment by selecting the best project delivery method (i.e. Agile principles and practices or Waterfall) that best fit the business needs. Therefore, the Project Manager can take on one, or a combination, of the following roles in a squad, project or program: Program Manager, Project Manager, Squad Lead, Agile Coach or Scrum Master
As part of one or more of those roles, you will be:
- Engage with Leadership, both business and IT, to collaborate on the delivery of value at a rate that is sustainable and digestible for the team and business
- Ensure promised business value is being earned by leveraging the value creation or value maintenance framework
- Orchestrate the formation of a squad and once established, closely interact with the product owner, partners and the development team
- Source of skills that are supplied by Pharma Informatics or other Technology partners
- Guide the squad on self-organising to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Coach the team to learn and adopt agreed ways of working and reacting to potential challenges and questions
- An agile mindset with ability to pivot between roles and approaches based on team needs
- Champions Agile principles and practices within the squad and leads by example
- Has a strong focus on delivering MVP's, focused on incremental value rather than perfection.
- Has strong soft skills typically required in stakeholder engagement (empowering people, influencing, negotiation, conflict management)
- Exhibits servant leadership style towards the product owner, scrum master, development team and the wider organization
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Elaine Kanwar at +41 61 282 22 23