Laboratory Informatics Technical Support Engineer (German)
Laboratory Informatics Technical Support Engineer
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions.
On behalf of our client, a leading global pharmaceutical company, we are looking for a experienced Lab Informatics Technical Support Engineer who is able to work in a diverse R&D lab IT environment, has a structured and self-organized way of working and is capable of working with different IT systems, applications, equipment and product in the field of modern R&D lab informatics environments to actively support the business operations of the pRED units as part of pRED Business Operations, Scientific Operations, Laboratory Informatics Systems & Support. Best case scenario this candidate has a laboratory background, if not we need at least someone with Pharma or R&D experience and needs to understand the guidelines and way of working in a regulatory environment.
- Start date: ASAP
- latest Start Date: 01.03.2023
- End date: 31.12.2024
- Extension: possible
- Workplace: Basel
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: max. 1 day home office per week
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Active maintenance of assigned R&D laboratory systems to constantly improve the security and overall stability of the global laboratory environment.
- Pro-active support of all business needs in the labs to implement and maintain innovative technologies
- Strong reporting of all requests, incidents and problems using ServiceNow ticketing
- Installation and maintenance of laboratory specific PCs, periphery, network connections, and communication devices
- Support and maintain System Imaging, System Monitoring and Firewall Management
- Fulfill service ownership responsibilities within assigned service towers
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of the required service components / documentation
- Monitoring the performance of our services and continuously improve the corresponding processes
- Maintaining continuously inventories for hardware, software and network
- 3-5+ years experience in Laboratory Informatics Support as Support Engineer or similar
- Programming skills (scripting) in Shell
- Strong knowledge of IT equipment, systems and applications including installation, maintenance, support and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of state-of-the art informatics systems, applications and equipment (e.g. newly delivered hardware, install PC's, stock management)
- Hands-on experience in Windows applications, OS and Client hardware troubleshooting (HP Business Desktops)
- Strong experience in Active Directory OU & GPO Management, Application packaging and deployment and Security patch deployment (Microsoft, Adobe etc.)
- German and English fluency in spoken and written
- Proactive Teamplayer who is able to prove flexibility
- Structured and self-organized way of working
- Positive Can-do attitude
- Self empowered and flexible Mindset
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Jana Siva on +41 61 282 22 26.