Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions.
On behalf of our client, a leading global Pharmaceutical company based in Basel we are looking for a Knowledge Engineer for a long term contract opportunity in Basel.
The perfect candidate:
The perfect candidate has a University Degree in Data Science / Engineering and at least 3 years of experience of working with data interoperability preferably in the pharmaceutical / medical device environment. Also expertise in knowledge engineering, software engineering, data modeling, healthcare interoperability, data integration, semantic/graph technologies, data analytics and FAIR and project management are expected.
We are looking for a motivated and self-driven individual who is ready to come on-site at least one time a week.
- Start date: asap
- Latest Start Date: 1.1.2024
- Planned duration: 12months
- Extension: possible and intended
- Workplace: Basel
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: possible, but at least one time onsite week is a must
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with various product teams to shape the development and integration of data models and standardization into the RIS product portfolio and enable FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable, reusable) data services
- Collaborate with engineering and business teams and co-drive projects to implement interoperability standards for Roche devices and digital products adhering to FAIR principles
- Investigate innovative methods to generate new business insights from interlinked data sources (lab and clinical) that may mature into new features of RIS digital products
- Drive the adoption and integration of interoperability standards including terminological resources (e.g. FHIR, HL7v2, LOINC, SNOMED) for RIS digital products
- Engage with internal key customers and stakeholders to understand their business needs, pain points using a customer-centric approach
- Co-create robust solutions starting out from prototypes and MVPs
- Drive automation of data and software services to achieve continuous delivery e.g. by setting up code repositories, automation pipelines, quality assurance, etc.
- Work experience of minimum 3 years with data interoperability
- University Degree in Computer Science / Engineering related fields, preferably PhD degree (such as Software Engineering, Architecture, Data Science, Mathematics, Bioinformatics or similar areas of academic discipline)
- Strong software engineering skills and various programming languages such as Python, Java. Any knowledge of frontend programming languages such as Typescript, Angular, etc. is a plus. Any knowledge of data engineering and cloud skills is a plus
- Background in data interoperability technologies, such as data integration, data standards and terminologies (e.g. FHIR, HL7v2, SNOMED or LOINC)
- Good knowledge in (meta) data management approaches such as relational and graph databases
- Strong stakeholder management and collaboration skills
- Working independently in cross-functional and distributed teams
- Ability to work in changing, agile, multinational and multiple location environment
- Very good communication and presentation skill
- Fluency in English
Nice to Have:
* Experience in the pharmaceutical / medical device environment and in diagnostics is a plus
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Elaine Kanwar at +41 61 282 22 23