Head of DevOps and Infrastructure
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services ranges from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organizational growth by attracting, assessing, and placing specialized professional talent.
On behalf of our client, an innovative start-up in the InsurTech industry, we are looking for a Head of DevOps and Infrastructure, permanent role based in Zurich.
As a key member of the engineering and technology team, the Head of DevOps & Infrastructure will be in charge of leveraging DevOps to continuously improve Developer Enablement and Efficiency across the business. This means managing repeatable, recoverable and scalable AWS cloud infrastructure and tooling with an interface that allows us to gradually shift responsibilities and capabilities from central Operations teams to the Development teams ("You build it, you run it, you own it").
- You are in charge of developing, driving, aligning, implementing the central roadmap of our cloud-based infrastructure platform
- You will be serving as a focal point for the team of DevOps engineers and provide technical vision, leadership and mentorship
- You will collaborate with product engineering and architecture teams to pursue highly available and reliable systems, ensuring optimal and consistent performance and platform uptime
- You will be tasked with managing relationships with third-party vendors in order to provide the best possible uptime of our platform and also manage and optimize cloud infrastructure and services budget
- You will also work closely with Data Engineering to optimize cloud infrastructure performance and scalability
- You are hands-on and be directly involved in solving challenging technical problems
- Your work will help evolve existing structures and thought processes to enable autonomously teams and a "shift-left" mindset in general.
- You have a bachelor's degree in information security, computer science, or related (MSc or Ph.D. a plus)
- You are passionate about and have a deep understanding of DevOps, including existing and emerging DevOps trends and technologies and best practices
- You previously ran DevOps culture organizations and have proven experience in managing and developing a team of high performing DevOps engineers
- You are comfortable managing ambiguity in our structure, leading change, aligning stakeholders, and helping the team do the same delivering world-class results
- You have excellent communication skills and know-how to achieve success and buy-in through influence
- You're a leader who balances pragmatism with visionary leadership
- You thrive on driving things forward and delivering impact. You have an energetic and entrepreneurial spirit
- You have experience with enabling autonomous teams by shared processes and modular shared infrastructure as code
- You have a good understanding of distributed systems architecture, cloud engineering environments (AWS, GCP) and container technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
- You are proficient in logging-, monitoring- and alerting approaches for highly available systems
- You have experience with automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, Packer, or similar)
- You have experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, ArgoCD, Github, others
- You have a good understanding of network and systems security
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. If you have any questions, please contact Matteo Ercole on +41 22 818 87 88 or on LinkedIn.
Even though this position may not be the perfect fit for you, please reach out to us, as we have hundreds of open positions at Experis IT across Switzerland.
Check out all of Experis' job openings at www.experis.ch or visit my personal page and connect to me on LinkedIn.