German Speaking Senior Linux System Engineer
German speaking Senior Linux System engineer
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services ranges from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organizational growth by attracting, assessing, and placing specialized professional talent.
Please apply with a German OR English CV
As a proven IT specialist, you are interested in ensuring the efficient and high quality operation of our modern IT infrastructure. Together with your colleagues, you are responsible for the operation and the enhancement of production, testing and development environments. You work on resolving IT issues in close cooperation with software developers and network teams. You contribute to the team support with 2nd level on-call service. You strive to automate IT processes and systems and operate our infrastructure with high quality. You follow the IT evolution and propose new solutions
Together with a highly motivated team, you will manage a wide range of systems including Linux & Windows operating systems, VMWare, NetApp, Cisco UCS & HyperFlex, Oracle DB, MongoDB, MS SQL.
- Minimal 5 + years' experience as a system engineer
- A broad knowledge and experience in Linux (CentOS, RHEL) and the centralized management of such systems
- Experience in Container Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, aso.)
- Experience and interest in automation and orchestration (Gitlab, Foreman, Ansible/AWX)
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Scripting (Unix Shell / PowerShell), Nagios, Oracle, MariaDB, MongoDB, NetApp, HyperFlex, virtualization (VMWare)
- Experience with Webservers LAMP, Loadbalancers (HAProxy) and Logging (Graylog/ELK Stack) will be a benefit
- Must speak fluent German and English
- A team-oriented, creative, and open personality who is proactive and solution-oriented
- Happy to work independently in an efficient and dynamic organization where you make a difference
- Willingness to learn about new fields and to manage new applications/systems
- Good knowledge of the English and German language
- Swiss or EU/EFTA citizen (with a working permit B or C)
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However should you have any questions please contact Yiyi Thornton on +41 44 229 99 28.
Even though this position may not be the perfect fit for you, please reach out to us, as we have hundreds of open positions at Experis IT across Switzerland.
We can only consider Swiss EU Nationals or people with a valid working permit for this role.