DevOps Engineer (Firewall / Security)
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services ranges from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing, and placing specialised professional talent.
On behalf of our client, a leading financial institution in Zug, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer with Blockchain experience.
In this role the candidate will be involved in a broad range of tasks, be part of a committed
international team and have a unique opportunity to and learn about crypto mining and transaction
processing on the BSV blockchain.
The development is agile and fast paced. As requirements evolve, the candidate will work on both
internal tools and open source technology. You will be encouraged to prototype and experiment with
new technologies, and by doing so, shape the architecture going forward.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains mission-critical information extraction, analysis, and management
- Provides direct and responsive support for urgent analytic needs.
- Participates in architecture and software development activities.
- Translates loosely defined requirements into solutions.
- Uses open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within
- Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- Collaborates with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Performs incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
- The technology stack is based on open-source technologies running on Linux servers; for instance:
o Monitoring and Alerting tools like Prometheus, Jaegar, Grafana
o Jenkins, PostgresSQL, Neo4J, OpenLDAP, ELK stack - Elasticsearch / Logstash / Kibana,
Puppet/Bolt/Chef and docker
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proven experience in Shell script, AWS - EC2, Cloudflare
- Proven experience in Firewall / Security
- Good communication skills
- Proven experience of Scrum methodology and practices.
- Excellent communication skills in English, including preparing presentations, presenting to peers and being able to sell new ideas and solutions.
- Blockchain experience a plus
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Danny Besse on +41 44 229 99 45.
Even though this position may not be the perfect fit for you, please reach out to us, as we have hundreds of open positions at Experis IT across Switzerland.