- Start date: 01.11.2021
- End date: One Year Contract
- Extension: planned (based on performance)
- Work location: Zug
- Workload: 100%
- Home Office: Yes but not fulltime / Load will be discussed
Only candidates with an EU Citizenship or a valid Swiss work permit will be considered for this position
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Lead all phases of firmware development from feasibility studies through design, development, testing, simulation and bug fixing including maintenance.
- Contribution to development projects in close collaboration with the Mechanics-, Electronics-, Instrument Software and Systems-Engineers.
- Elaborate software requirements and unit specifications.
- Accurate code design and implementation including tests to verify the code against requirements and specification.
- Participate in defining work packages, their estimation, planning, and implementation within the firmware/software development team.
- Execute the assigned work packages correctly, completely and in a timely manner.
- Provide all necessary documentation according to the software development process.
- Review and analyse your source code as well as on request the source code of your peers in the software development team.
- Review application design, functionality, usability and performance to enhance it.
- Share expertise and experience with junior developers and actively support their knowledge improvement.
- Master's degree in software- or Electrical-Engineering or related field
- Experience in full firmware development lifecycle in new development projects
- 5+ years of experience in firmware development, source code control, testing/simulation and monitoring tools
- Programming Languages: embedded C++, ANSI C, Python
- Experience in OOD for FW-business logic layer and signal processing
- Experience in fieldbus protocols, like CAN, SPI, I2C, UART.
- Experience in setting up and using a RTOS, Knowledge in FreeRTOS is a plus.
- Experience in Linux OS (Helper Tools)
- Knowledge of ARM Cortex microcontroller architecture
- Strong team player and willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- Good German and English skills