Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions.
On behalf of our Pharmaceutical client based in Zug, we are looking for a Creative Industrial Designer.
The perfect candidate:
The perfect candidate is a well-versed industrial designer with a strong product development background, preferably in healthcare/medtech and/or household appliances, consumer electronics, FMCG. Additionally he/she is hands-on, self-starter professional eager to learn and grow from a context like our CXSD department working across various functions and geographies and as a healthcare and diagnostics corporation.
Also we are looking for an empathic and interdisciplinary collaborator, who is able to work effectively alongside design colleagues, R&D engineers, and stakeholders.
- Start date: 1.12.2023 or latest latest Start Date: 1.1.2024
- Planned duration: 12 months
- Extension : possible and desirable
- Workplace: Zug
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: 1-2 times onsite needed
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Provide both support and guidance to multiple project teams in matters of industrial design, sustainability, and user experience to ensure a cohesive look and feel and adherence to product and platform standards.
- Create innovative concepts using both 2D and 3D design tools, visualizing solutions, and collaborating with engineers and external partners.
- Develop hardware and interaction design concepts in collaboration with Industrial Designer Champions, customers, business representatives, human factors engineers, and development teams.
- Support the integration of UX standards (visual, interaction, and industrial) and best practices, contributing to the continuous evolution of the design language and brand experience.
- Work closely with interaction designers to ensure a seamless user experience across both hardware and software.
- Plan and execute usability evaluations on hardware and software mockups, including the creation of hardware prototypes and ergonomic assessments in conjunction with human factors engineers.
- Provide mentorship and delegate tasks to junior designers and interns under the guidance of Principal Designers
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial Design, 5 to 10 years of hands-on experience as Industrial Designer, gained either in-house and/or within a design agency
- A strong portfolio showcasing innovative design work that not only demonstrates solid design skills but also exemplifies a forward-thinking and strategic approach towards design implementation and execution
- Proficiency in user and customer experience design, usability, interaction design, and prototyping for both digital and physical products/solutions
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing processes, including mass production and small-scale industry
- Awareness of design and industry trends, material technology, and the latest developments in terms of sustainability
- Experience in providing solutions to complex problems with engineering and manufacturability constraints whilst preserving the chosen design direction
- Competence in managing all aspects of the hardware user experience, from unboxing to maintenance
- Proficiency in developing design concepts with clear and compelling visual communication, confidence in aesthetic decision-making with a trained eye for detail
- Strong communication skills, including planning, conducting, moderating, and analyzing workshops (both remote and in-person).
- Ability to sketch and create quick paper mockups, followed by more complex ones in collaboration with vendors
- Solid expertise in Solidworks, Keyshot (experience with the animation feature is a plus), Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Illustrator and Photoshop), and familiarity with tools like figma and Lucidspark/miro
- Fluency in English, with proficiency in other languages, especially German, is considered a plus
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Elaine Kanwar at +41 61 282 22 23