Experis is currently supporting our client, a premier global insurance brand, with their search for a Scrum Master.
Start: ASAP (negotiation is possible)
Contract: 12 months (extension is possible)
If you bring along the required background and can start ASAP, then please read on and apply!
About the project:
You have helped teams to implement the agile way of working and enabled agile product development and service delivery, you have left back new Agile Practitioners and Experts as your fingerprints? You see the agile way of working as strategically critical to business? The Scrum Guide is your bedside book? You know the Manifesto for Agile Software Development and the principles behind it inside out and can apply in the context of business product/service development as well? Developing the agile mindset in teams and its ecosystem and removing roadblocks preventing agile way of working is what makes you feel fulfilled? Then this role may be for you!
IFRS Delivery is a programme of projects with strong focus on the revised IFRS Accounting standard for Re-Insurance that is globally transforming finance systems, processes, accounting valuations and organization to allow Finance to support the company's growth more effectively. It focuses on delivering a dedicated IT and process landscape fit for reinsurance and insurance needs under the new IFRS accounting standard, that still allows interaction with the platforms of Group and other Business Units where required.
A cornerstone of this Group Finance Transformation programme builds the application of the SCRUM agile framework at team-level and at scale in both programme and operational organizations.
Your role as Scrum Master is about:
- Awareness & Training: Develop and deliver training to teams and its ecosystem (stakeholders, subject matter experts...), Increase agile awareness, help creating an agile mindset across the enterprise. Organize events, build and support communities.
- Coaching & Transformation: accompany teams at various stages of their Agile journey, identify and address impediments. Develop & coach Team members and Product Owners
- Consulting: Advise on specific issues raised during the Agile journey across the organization
- Facilitation: Moderate and facilitate agile events, such as planning workshops, daily scrums, sprint reviews or retrospectives. Enable teams to run events autonomously.
- Ecosystem: Work closely with business analysts, accountants, actuaries, software developers, architects, testers, programme coordinators and agile leaders
- University degree in applied sciences, engineering or business
- Demonstrates proficiency in Scrum and/or Kanban (e.g. PSM I/II) or demonstrates equivalent knowledge
- Experience in building teams and driving continuous improvement and self-organisation within a squad
- 'Servant Leader' capabilities - co-creating a shared vision; developing high participation; empowering people and teams; transformative change; growing squad capability.
- Demonstrates the ability to use data driven techniques & and strategies to help a team become more predictable about change
- Coaching, training and mentoring experience
- Solid knowledge of relevant agile frameworks and experience in teaching these. Experience in applying SCRUM it at scale (i.e. SAFe, Less, Nexus, Scrum@Scale) is an advantage.
- Facilitation, leadership, and relationship building skills
- Team player, able to work independently with a creative and innovative mindset.
- Work experience in finance and accounting, i.e. understanding of accounting standards is an advantage
- Work experience in project work and liaising with various stakeholders, collaborating closely with various functions such as Finance, Actuaries, IT and Risk
- Advanced JIRA skills
- Strong verbal and written English skills, German is a plus