Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions.
Overview of contract
On behalf of our client, one of the world's leading providers of insurance, we are looking for an experienced Python Engineer to support a project by implementing a medallion architecture, utilizing Delta Lake tables and Apache Spark running on Azure Databricks.
12 months contract with possibility of extension and getting perm.
- Work in a scrum team and collaborate effectively with other engineers, the scrum master and product owner
- Write clean code in Python (utilizing Apache Spark)
- Review other team member's code and coach other team members
- Work on design topics and work on, or influence, other components that interact with our data processing pipelines e.g. Azure Data Factory, SQL Server, Power BI
- Strong core Python software engineering experience
- A good understanding and significant experience with projects using relational data models and SQL
- Experience with Apache Spark and Delta Lake tables
- Experience using automated tests
- Successfully mentored less experienced team members
- Good analytical skills and the ability to understand complexity and break it down into smaller, achievable steps
- Fluent in English
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your CV or if you have any questions, contact Ana Victoria Ramos over
If you are interested in other opportunities that Experis are recruiting, please click on the link https://www.experis.ch/experis-zurich.
We can only consider Swiss nationals or professionals possessing a valid EU passport for this engagement.