Prototyping Engineer Specialist
Experis is currently supporting our client, a global technology company with progressive values and an unbelievably strong brand, with their search for an English-speaking Prototyping Specialist.
This indefinite contract position is based in Zurich, Switzerland. If you bring along the required background, and can start ASAP, then please read on and apply!
What will your tasks be?
You will support our customer by
- Prototyping end-user experiences with game engines such as Unity and Unreal
- Debugging and upgrading tools used and/or implemented by the team
- Evaluating performance implications (CPU, GPU, memory, thermal impact) of features deployed to HMDs
- Developing and/or improving tools for visualizing data collected from the HMDs
- Contributing to improved code quality by participating in code reviews, design document reviews, etc, implementing extensive tests, etc.
- Participating in oncall rotations, mitigating and resolving incidents, writing postmortems.
Your specific background:
- Knowledge of game development engines such as Unity, Unreal.
- Knowledge of CG and relevant standards such as OpenGL and their implementations, such as Qt.
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of C++, ideally with good familiarity of the recent standards (C++17, C++20) and corresponding standard libraries.
- Good understanding of advanced template metaprogramming.
- Good knowledge of C++ testing with libraries such as Googletest.
- Familiarity with the Buck build tool.
- Efficiency in Python, command line Python scripting, and explorative work with Python notebooks, using modules such as numpy, scipy, matplotlib, etc.
- Knowledge of CV and relevant libraries such as OpenCV.
- Knowledge of Android development and debugging, ideally in the context of XR on mobile and HMDs.
- Practical knowledge of ML, neural networks, and deep learning, with focus on developing and using infrastructure for deploying models in production (ML Engineering, ML Ops).
- Ideally, have had experience in a fast-paced technology environment with extensively cross-functional (XFN) work, and be able to thrive in ambiguity.
Please get in touch directly with Kimbo Zhang (+41 44 229 99 18) or send her your CV and testimonials today through the link in the advert.
Experis is Europe's leading IT&T recruitment agency. Take a look at our homepage for other interesting opportunities or call us on +41 44 229 99 99. Experis has more than 200 currently open vacancies and we will be more than happy to find the perfect role for you! Just visit us www.experis.ch.