Global SCM Specialist 60% - 80%
We are looking for a new person as Customs and Trade Compliance Expert (m/f/d) with the workload of 60-80% in Baden.
Mission of statement:
The Customs and Trade Compliance Expert (CTCE) supports Trade Compliance Matters for ABB on a country level and provide business / solution-oriented support to the Local Divisions (LD) under the lead of Country Trade Compliance Officer (CTCO) in order to comply with national and international customs and trade regulations. The CTCE proactively assists the LD's on operational customs and export control matters in its business processes.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide operational support to the CTCO in order to enable best-in-class services for the Local Divisions (LD's) in terms of customs, tariffing, origin calculation, logistics processes (import/export) and export control classification ("Operational Trade Compliance"),
- check, advice and elaborate on request relating customs procedures (Zollverfahren), preferential calculations, HS codes (Zolltarifierung), VAT and dual-use classifications.
- Create and improve internal directives, standard of procedures considering ABB's regulations
- Prepare, improve and hold training regarding Trade Compliance in the LD's on selected customs, international trade (Incoterms), rules of origin and customs tariffing matters.
- work together and advise operational trade responsibles (e.g. customs tariff coders, logistics people, internal customs declarants, external forwarders, TCO's)
- contribute to customs audits and internal risk reviews
- work on improvements, give support and trainings on SAP GTS
- carry out internal checks (internal control system) on trade compliance aspects (incoterms, HS codes, export controls, preferential origin correctness, import and export efficiency)
- drive ABB's efficiency and cost reduction initiatives in Trade
deputizes the CTCO on its absence
- keep close contact to LD business functions
- different internal organizational set-up and logistics procedures
- keep up-to-date in customs/origins
- complex SAP and GTS functionality
Hard and soft skills:
- Apprenticeship (KV) with further training as an export specialist or customs specialist
- Min. 6 years experience in export and import field
- Very good knowledge of customs classification, origin, customs procedures, export controls, SAP/SAP GTS
- Very good knowledge of trade agreements EU and EFTA / FHA
- Experience in managing projects
- proactive, independent, team player, flexible, motivated, good teaching skills
- German / English spoken and written
- Is there an option for extension? > Not yet
- Will the person work remote / onsite / hybrid? > hybrid, 60- 80% (allocated evenly Mo-Fr or on agreed days)
- Job level: > Mid-senior
- How will be the interviews scheduled: Teams / Phone / Face-to-face? > Teams and F2F