Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer (JAVA)
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services range from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing and placing specialised professional talent.
On behalf of our client, a global leading institution, we are looking for a Software Engineer, with experience in Operations technology development projects , developing Java-based, enterprise-wide solutions.
You'll work on solutions for the operations business users, including logistics, freight & shipping, scheduling, inventory management, clearing, reconciliations, collateral margining, and settlements.
The successful candidate is adept at partnering with end-users to elicit requirements, analyze problems, design solutions and ultimately deliver tangible business value & benefit.
This role will be reporting into the Head of Operations Technology, working on a multi-year program of work developing new and existing solutions for an expanding business line, ensuring they meet architectural and engineering best practices and guidelines.
You should have a delivery focused background in an Agile environment, and a desire to identify and develop strategic
solutions, whilst also looking to challenge the status-quo to bring your own ideas and improvements.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with business users to understand processes and capture requirements,
- Actively seek to identify and drive improvements and innovation,
- Acquire business knowledge and system knowledge to further individual development
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or equivalent,
- Strong Experience developing enterprise applications,
- Strong core knowledge and development expertise in Java,
- Service oriented technologies like REST, JSON, Protobuf, Spring Boot, Drop Wizard,
- DevOps best practices : JIRA, JUnit, GitLab, Artifactory, Docker, Kubernetes, Kibana, Prometheus
- Knowledge of Cloud in Hybrid environment , (AWS, Azure),
- Experience with SQL and relational database,
- Knowledge of web development frameworks : ReactJS...,
- Knowledge of commodities operating systems (Veson IMOS, VAKT) and clearing reconcialiation platform (SmartStreama TLM) re a big PLUS,
- Agile Methodology for delivering projects,
- Analytical and critical thinking with ability to problem solve complex issues.
- Good communication skills,
- Fluent in English.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. For any question please contact Meissoun Zargouni on +41 22 979 09 05 /
Even though this position may not be the perfect fit for you, please reach out to us, as we have hundreds of open positions at Experis IT across Switzerland.
Check out all of Experis' job openings at www.experis.ch
Youc can visit my personal page and connect to me on LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/meissoun-zargouni-16484020/