Release Train Engineer (IT)
Release Train Engineer
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions.
On behalf of our client, a leading Pharmaceutical company, we are looking for a Release Train Engineer for a short term 6 months contract with possible extension.
The perfect candidate
We are looking for a senior candidate who can handle senior stakeholders and is able to do stakeholder management on a very experienced level. The background should be diverse within the medical device industry, collecting experience as Release Train Engineer or Program Manager within several programs, projects or organizations. The ideal candidate needs to be able to deal with different stakeholders, difficult context and needs to be able to deal with conflict management and support people and the business in Change Management.
- Start date: ASAP
- latest Start Date: 01.07.2023
- End date: 6 months
- Extension: possible
- Workplace: Rotkreuz
- Workload: 100%
- Remote/Home Office: max. 3 Days Home office per week
- Travel: Yes, up tp 5 days a quarter within Europe
- Min. Bachelor degree in Business, IT, Engineering or equivalent field
- Min. 2 - 4 years experience as Release Train Engineer OR 5 - 7 years Project and/or Program Management as a within the regulated environment
- Diverse background and experience in different project environments, in programs or organizations working in the Medical Device industry
- Experience with multiple (3+) Scrum teams in a single program
- Experience Design Sprints and Design Thinking
- Expert knowledge of Scrum and/or Kanban, Lean and one or more Agile scaling models (SAFe, LeSS, DAD)
- Ability to coach multiple teams at the same time (operational coaching - no people management)
- Excellent skills in English spoken and written
- Proactive, self driven, motivated, team player
- Very good communication skills, presentation skills, conflict management skills
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Facilitate the ARTs progress towards commitments and goals
- Remove impediments to delivery
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Delivery Organisation (ART)
- Lead and facilitate team efforts in relentless improvement to build a high-performing team.
- Establish, Manage and facilitate the PI, Iteration and annual calendars for the Chapter, Sub-Chapter, in alignment with the DCA LT and all DCA RTEs
- Operate within Lean Budgets, manage the budget of the ART
- Hold the Product Manager and Product Owners accountable for aligning planned actions with the overall strategy.
- Proactively ensure readiness for the PI Planning by fostering the preparation of Vision and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings, facilitate PI Planning events and summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives and publish them for visibility and transparency.
- Be an advocate of the team's point of view in co-creating ART, Capability and DSC ways of working.
- Establish team dynamics, culture and mindset, which enables the team, the art and all team members to reach their potential.
- Assist in tracking the execution of features and capabilities (see Metrics)
- Actively facilitate periodic synchronisation meetings on the ART level
- Actively facilitate feature and capability estimation
- Actively facilitate the management of project risks and dependencies
- Provide input on resourcing to the portfolio committee (budget) and the capabilities (FTEs) to address critical bottlenecks
- Encourage collaboration between teams and between teams and the Program team
- Improve the flow of value through value streams using the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps
- Help drive the Lean User Experience (UX) innovation cycle
- Report status to DCA LT and support related activities
- Actively facilitate System Demos
- Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve.
- Management of the stakeholders and internal and external partners regarding execution in collaboration with the PM
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Salma Khammar at +41 61 282 22 13.