Experis IT Switzerland is in a search of a Linux Administrator to join one of their clients, a well renowned firm. For this temporary role based in Basel, we are in search of an English speaking candidate who is available within 1 month time.
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months with further option of contract extension
Location: Basel (now remote)
- SME is responsible for Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Availability and Capacity Management for Linux operating system.
- Manage L2/L3 production/project support activities.
- This also includes the initial installation or update, patching, migration for these platforms.
- Responsible for script development/ update in different scripting (Shell, Python, Perl, Ruby).
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring team members.
- Work on flexible working hours including weekends.
- Involved in Routine Operational support and troubleshooting.
- You have a Degree in IT or equivalent education
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in Linux OS administration
- Red Hat certification is an advantage
- Prior experience in Monitoring, Incident & Change Management.
- Knowledge of ITIL or equivalent processes (Incident, Change Process and Problem Management) - must have
- Expert level experience in Linux and its related sub-components.
- Prior experience in file-system management, particularly in:
- Create and manage filesystems
- Create and manage logical volumes
- Create and manage volume groups
- Manage physical and virtual devices
- Maintenance and management of Hardware RAID
- Manage storage devices including redundancy (Linux Multipathing), configure tape drives etc.
- Understand storage area networks and the representation in the operating system to be able to define and debug LUN integration into the operating system
- Understanding of SAN and NAS storage.
- Skilled in hardware troubleshooting.
- Prior experience in network management and security, especially:
- Configure network devices (including Ether channel, IPv4, and IPv6)
- Troubleshoot network issues
- Configure TCP/IP, with and without VLAN support
- Configure and manage remote access including ssh and ssl configuration
- Understand system hardening procedures
- Unix / Linux OS management, support and troubleshooting.
- Linux Clustering knowledge.
- Knowledge of DNS, NIS, Proxy and LDAP.
- Skilled to work with performance management and tuning (Grafana, Zabbix, Splunk).
- General user access management.
- Patch management and Package management (Satellite, PXE, Puppet, Ansible).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting (problem determination/resolution) skills.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Experience in other OS like HP-UX, Solaris, AIX etc. is an advantage.
Don't hesitate and send us your CV and testimonials today through the link in the advert.