IT Business Analyst
IT Business Analyst
On behalf of our client, a leading reinsurance company, we are looking for an IT Business Analyst in Zürich.
- 6 months contract - extension is possible
- Location: Zürich
- Home office: possible
As an IT Business Analyst, you collaborate closely with internal customers and your project teammates to develop and implement product. You will be fully responsible for the tasks you have assigned to yourself and for applying your technical expertise and experience with the strive to improve the value built for our and your client. In addition to your affiliation with your project team, you are also a member of the Business Engineering chapter. In this chapter, we come together with colleagues who share the same expertise, knowledge, align on common standards and best practice to ensure and continuously increase the efficiency of our capability.
- Understand the business needs, systematically collect requirement across individual customers and translate those into functional and non-functional specifications
- Engage with business and IT stakeholders
- Identify, raise, and help address potential impediments to delivery
- Identify and help implement improvements to solutions, processes, and delivery productivity
- Productively contribute to the product development backlog
- Apply your initiative and critical thinking.
- Experience with using SQL to investigate, analyze and validate data according to business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Experience with using scripting / programming languages to manipulate data and automate processes (Python preferred)
- Experience with defining and managing data models and data taxonomies
- Experience in requirements engineering, ability to demonstrate techniques and tools used for that
- At least 5 years of proven financial services experience (insurance / banking) in a financial / regulatory reporting context
- Experience in Product Backlog management (Azure Dev Ops / Jira)
- Strong problem-analysis and -solving skills with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills (in English), including clear interpretation of technical topics to a non-technical audience
- A great teammate attitude, pro-actively aligning with colleagues and contributing to the team's ability to self-organize
- Experience with structured products / securitizations will be an advantage