System Engineer (Linux & Elastic & Python)
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services ranges from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing, and placing specialised professional talent.
Platform Installation on Linux systems, upgrade
Creating Batch jobs using Python, Jenkins, UNIX and Ansible
Package and Automation of software and batch releases
Support and troubleshooting
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
This being a Engineering and Operational Role, candidate should be flexible to work with multiple requests, tickets, issues and deliverables when required, most of the work will be on engineering side though
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- You bring 5+ years of experience in enterprise IT at a global organization
- Strong knowledge of Elastic Search, Data Search and Relational Query Language
- You are proficient in Python, Ansible or Salt and dev ops technologies (i.e.Jenkins), Linux and BASH scripting
- You have good knowledge in Elastic Cluster maintenance, PostgreSQL and Curl Commands along with innovative mindset to create scripts to improve and optimize technical operational process
- You bring experience in Service Management i.e. Release management, Incident management as well as experience with deployment toolsets like Git
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
You are a dedicated problem solver with production support experience and an ability to cooperate within a multidisciplinary, global team.
You are a self-starter with a strong curiosity for extracting knowledge from data and the ability to elicit technical requirements from a non-technical audience.
Recent experience in compliance and surveillance related applications. You are fluent in written and spoken English.
You should have experience in handling Quarterly Maintenance Activity, space maintenance & Environment monitoring and catering to Audit requirements.
You should have experience in Data Manipulation and Transformation using Pentaho and visualization using Tableau.
Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential, and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Danny Besse on +41 44 229 99 45.
Even though this position may not be the perfect fit for you, please reach out to us, as we have hundreds of open positions at Experis IT across Switzerland.
Check out all of Experis' job openings at www.experis.ch or visit my personal page and connect to me on LinkedIn.