Systems Engineer - Unix
Systems Engineer - Unix
Very dynamic company in Bern
Mission / Rôle :
- Responsible for maintenance during the entire life cycle of the system and for the implementation of systems that host the company's business-critical applications.
- Provides primary support in everyday business.
- Administration Linux operating system.
- Provides technical expertise in the areas of system design, installation, configuration, tuning, capacity planning, troubleshooting, patching, monitoring and problem solving.
- Be part of the stand-by rotation to ensure 24/7 availability of the production systems.
- Provides primary support for daily applications of server installations / setup of automation, patching and configuration.
- Offers all aspects of Red Hat Linux Server administration in a mission-critical environment.
- Supports suppliers with software installations for Linux servers.
- Responsible for the operational execution and maintenance of applications in the infrastructure area.
- Effective gathering and gathering of requirements (users, business processes, performance requirements, etc.) from business users using appropriate mechanisms and following our client's company standards.
- Implementation of business requirements and design effective solutions.
- Development (configuration and programming) of test solutions for units based on our client's standards and SOPs.
- Assume a role in the validation matrix to independently test and validate solutions to ensure that all business requirements and regulatory compliance are met and the quality of the solutions is assured.
- Effective execution of global IT processes and compliance with guidelines as specified by the quality management system
Experience / Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in the field of computer science or computer science
- 3 - 4 years plus of experience in a similar or related position in the IT field.
- System security, Linux operating systems, and Unix and shell scripting
- Red Hat Linux, RHN Satellite, Red Hat Kickstart, Ansible, Puppet, IPA / IDM, LVM and VMware.
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- User access management, sFTP, networking
- Very good language skills in German and English
Interested ? PLease do not hesitate to apply now ! You can as well visit my personal website to find out more opportunities : https://fr.experis.ch/antoine-wormser.