System Engineer (Lab IT Systems Migration experience)
Experis IT is Europe's leading IT recruitment agency. With offices in Zurich, Basel, Geneva and Lausanne, we specialise in the Information Technology sector.
Experis is working with a successful pharma company and is currently looking for a System Engineer to join its thriving business. Based in Basel, Switzerland, our client requires a candidate with the right mentality, passion and focus to support our client's business strategy and development. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has hand-on experience migrating Lab Systems!
- Upgrade existing Win 7 Lab PCs and workstations to Win 10, integrate the hardware, install and configure the scientific software and ensure communication to the attached Lab instrument.
- Migrate existing data, methods and configurations from the Win 7 system to the Win 10 system and ensuring no loss of files or data. - Provide technical expertise for the planning of system migration requirements related to vendor supplied software packages/instrumentation systems and software compatibility with Win 10.
- Create, track and close service tickets while delivering an excellent customer service experience with professionalism and confidence
- Consult with various vendors and customer levels to devise new and improved solutions that will streamline and/or expedite the delivery of improved laboratory research and its supporting business applications/processes
- Direct hands on experience migrating Lab systems from Win 7 to Win 10.
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills and experience supporting non-standard software and hardware
- More than 3 year experience with hands on troubleshooting and support for Windows (Win7/Win10)
- Experience working with chromatography instruments (Empower, Chemstation, Chromeleon), plate readers, mass specs, liquid handlers, gene sequencers, purification systems, imaging instruments (Aperio, InCells, microscopes, Biacore, etc)
- Windows security patch management and security vulnerability remediation
- Experience working with endpoint management software such as Altiris and Symantec
- Preferred experience in Biotech or Biopharma as it relates to scientific instrumentation/vendors, software applications and systems
Location: Basel Stadt, Switzerland
Start date: ideally, August 26th, 2019 (negotiable)
End date: December 31st, 2020
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Virginia Belli Colon on +41 61 282 22 10