Supply Chain Specialist
Supply Chain Specialist
Are you a highly qualified Supply Chain Specialist with experience within a multinational and multicultural environment and looking for an exciting new opportunity within an NGO ? If so, please have a look at the following details:
Experis IT Switzerland is currently on the search for a Supply Chain Specialist to join one of their clients, an NGO, based in Geneva.
Under the oversight of the Senior Supply Chain Project Manager, the Supply Chain Specialist will:
- Collaborate with 3rd party consultants on diagnosing and transforming in-country Supply Chains
- identify in-country Supply Chain strengthening opportunities;
- propose, design and support implementation and transition of Supply Chain improvements and innovations;
- provide advice and tactical support to Country Teams,
- address functional and operational logistics and supply chain issues with a focus on health products during grant making and implementation;
- Coordinate both the Clients and in-country resources.
Some of your responsibilities include:
Identify operational SC issues affecting the health products supply chain as and when allocated to specific Country Teams.
Provide advice on specific Supply Chain technical areas, techniques and cross-cutting initiatives, using knowledge and applicability of internal and external leading practices commensurate with country's operating environments.
Identify critical decisions to be made and potential consequences in cost and Supply Chain performance to all the relevant stakeholders.
Propose, design and support implementation and transition of Supply Chain improvements and innovations with incountry resources and Country Teams.
Obtain, aggregate and analyse supply chain data and processes to identify, quantify and support potential Supply Chain strengthening investments and related initiatives.
Identify trends and issues.
Communicate conclusions to colleagues in Supply Chain Strategy Department, Sourcing
Department and elsewhere.
To deliver the required results, it's essential that you have:
- Formal training in Supply Chain Management
- A minimum of 10 years' OPERATIONAL experience of end-to-end Supply Chain principles, practices and processes, including at least 5 years operational Supply Chain experience - for example with a private sector 3PL and 4PL organization,
- a functional role within an international industrial corporation, within a leading consulting organization, or a credible provider of technical assistance
- Experience of Supply Chains (systems, stakeholders and networks) in developing countries, especially Africa
In-depth knowledge and credible expert experience of one or more elements of Supply Chain Management including:
- Demand management and forecasting
- Inventory control and replenishment management
- Distribution network design
- Transport modes and operations. Vehicle and
- Logistics Management Information Systems (LMIS)
- Performance management, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Outsourcing and the management of logistics service providers (3 and 4 PLs) and/or PPP-type arrangements
- Economic and supply chain cost/benefit analysis for example around make/buy decision
- Warehousing methods including Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- Fluent in English, working knowledge of French
If you are a dynamic and motivated Supply Chain specialist currently looking for a challenging new position that applies to your skills, then we look forward to receiving your application!
Don't hesitate and send us your CV today through the link in the advert. In case of any questions please contact Jane Archer on +41 22 818 8782.
I'm always looking for skilled candidates don't hesitate to send me your CV for future job opportunities.
Experis IT is Europe's leading recruitment agency. We have more than hundreds of open vacancies and we will be more than happy to find the perfect role for you! Visit us on www.experis.ch