Senior Software Developer (Big data)
Senior Software Developer (Big Data)
In this exciting role you will join an agile team, and be responsible for building a time series backend for sensor data. The data inputs are obtained from turbocharged combustion engines operated on a broad range of applications. The data is then used develop and provide value-adding analytic solutions to their customers as well as their internal R&D.
- Design and implement a secure and robust time series database platform/backend for processing, storing, and serving large amount of sensor data obtained from turbocharged engines in the field
- Setup automated ETL pipelines to ingest both streaming and batch data from a variety of different sources/formats
- Integrate advanced analytics and machine learning models
- Execute performance and functional tests and perform optimizations
- Develop logging, alerting, and monitoring systems to facilitate backend operation
- Solid understanding of commonly used network and IoT protocols (HTTPS, MQTT, etc.)
- Worked with cloud services, preferably MS Azure
- Experience with time series databases (e.g. InfluxDB) and processing massive amounts of data
- Knowledge of data analytics methods (ML, AI, Model-based, state estimation, etc.) is an asset
- Strong interest or background in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Knowledge of turbomachinery, combustion engines, automation systems and/or embedded systems is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
- Career development and learning opportunities that are among the best in the business world.
- Depending on your function and job responsibilities,they offer a wide range of extra benefits in addition to your salary.
- Discounts at recreational and sport activities
- Pension Fund and an additional insurance option that includes three different retirement plans to choose from
- Stock Option Plan
- Childcare Centers
- Social Counseling
Applicants must be eligible to work in CH!
80% workload possible
Don't miss out , send me your latest CV by clicking apply! Direct your questions to Jana van Zyl 044 299 99 23.