Lead System Engineer / Software Architect - Medical Devices
Contract in Basel: Lead System Engineer / Software Architect - Medical Devices
Experis recognises you are more than just a CV. As part of the ManpowerGroup we have access to a huge network of opportunities, and we'll connect you to the roles that will accelerate your career.
My client is one of the fastest growing pharma businesses in Switzerland and is looking for a System Engineer for its office in Basel. My client is requesting a highly skilled individual who specializes in Medical Devices and can meet target deadlines.
The Packaging and Medical Device Development team is looking for an experienced System Engineer / Software Architect to lead the technical development of smart delivery systems. The ideal candidate contributes to the development of complex medical device and software as medical device (SaMD) projects using state-of-the-art system engineering practices. This highly interactive role will work with cross-functional teams and support various development activities including requirement elicitation, system conceptualization, risk assessment, system verification and clinical validation.
* Design and implement system engineering approach to support the development and life cycle management of complex products and platforms in the areas of connected drug delivery devices, digital technologies, and SaMD.
* Utilize the system engineering tool for requirement management and translate user and business needs into system/sub-system requirements
* Be the representative of system engineering for the communications with cross-divisional teams, programs, and stakeholders
* Manage external vendors for development and lead the technical discussions with the vendors
* Author relevant design history files and GMP compliant documentations
* Excellent problem-solving skills with an analytical mind
* Software and Medical device design using UML/SysML diagrams with good abstraction skills
* Expertise in Web and Mobile application design, development and testing
* Experience with Cloud and IoT architecture and technologies for complex systems
* Knowledge of the best practices for software development: Methodology (Agile and V-Model) and tooling (CI/CD, Automation, Requirement Management, etc.)
* Experience with user experience, prototypes and proof of concept activities
* Experience with cyber security, data privacy and system performance requirements
* Bachelor or more advanced degrees in Biomedical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant disciplines
* Minimal 5 years of experience in medical device, or other highly regulated industry
* Prior experience covering the medical device or SaMD product development from concept to commercial launch
* Experience in modern cloud architecture with IoT is a big plus
* Experience working with the requirements and traceability management tools
* Well-versed in medical device or SaMD development, Quality Management System, and regulatory processes (ISO 13485; IEC 60601, 62304, 82304)
* Strong communication skills
Start date: October 15th 2020
Duration: 1 year
Location: on-site in Basel, Switzerland
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Virginia Belli on +41 61 282 22 10