Junior Data Engineer(Python/shell scripting )
Junior Data Engineer(Python/Shell scripting)
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services range from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing and placing specialised professional talent.
On behalf of our client, a leading financial institution in Zürich, we are looking for a Data engineer with good understanding of Python.
Overview of the project:
- This role is part of a global team to support a key platform migration. The platform organizes data collected from various front office businesses and prepares it for processing by our Compliance projects. The role sits within the data sourcing team which is responsible for obtaining and processing data from a large number of systems and normalizing the data into one platform
- Working with a global team, as part of building our data platform and enhancing the number of systems that we have data connectivity to Working across multiple IT and Business teams, owning and driving the delivery of solutions for data modeling, data understanding and data preparation and adhering to internal processes for the tooling required to accomplish this in an efficient, consistent and repeatable manner.
- Providing regular updates to senior management and key stakeholders.
The skills and experience needed for these positions are:
- Understand database concept especially composite primary and surrogate keys(eg oracles or my sql or any relational databses)
- Be completely comfortable writing complex SQL queries and querying multiple data sources and tables
- Basic Python to be able to create & maintain python scripts
- Good understanding of Linux
- Excel, Sql and writing documents in Excel
- Basic BASH to be able to create and maintain BASH scripts
- Familiar with Jira / confluence and extremely well organized and good at switching contexts or tasks
- Able to work in an agile / scrum environment
- ServiceNow is a plus but not essential
- Big data knowledge is a plus but not essential
- Java development skills is a plus but not essential
- Fluent English is a must
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However should you have any questions please contact Yiyi Thornton on +41 44 229 99 28.
Even though this position may not be the perfect fit for you, please reach out to us, as we have hundreds of open positions at Experis IT across Switzerland.