IT System Administrator
IT system Administrator
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions.
Overview of contract
On behalf of our client, a leading financial institution in Zürich, we are looking for an IT System Administrator. The role will be part of an Infrastructure Migration project which will migrate applications to new servers.
The role will start as an initial 4 month contract but is highly likely to be extended.
- Resolve migrations issues using technical expertise
- Provide clear and concise technical advice to developers and support teams
- Work as part of a global team but with a project focus
- Adhere to appropriate departmental and company procedures and policies
- Migrate applications to newer technology and across datacenters
- Produce production support documentation
- Maintain system stability and high availability
- Develop implementation, backup and roll-back plans
- Extensive experience in supporting Apache and Tomcat applications on Redhat Linux in a DMZ.
- Previous experience of working with and managing Third Party Vendors.
- Good knowledge of Websphere Application Server
- Good knowledge of Apache Tomcat Application Server
- Previous Linux system administration experience, understand sudo configuration in detail.
- Good scripting experience of either bash, Perl or Ruby.
- Previous experience of hardening/securing Apache/Linux.
- Any previous experience of deploying service into a cloud.
- Experience in the Financial sector.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your CV or if you have any questions, contact Jane Leese on +41 44 229 99 49
If you are interested in other opportunities that Experis are recruiting, please click on the link https://www.experis.ch/experis-zurich.
We can only consider Swiss nationals or professionals possessing a valid EU passport for this engagement.