Development Automation Engineer
135972 Development Automation Engineer
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services range from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing and placing specialised professional talent.
For this permanent assignment based in Zurich city, we are in search of an English- speaking candidate who is available in a short notice. Are you a passionate specialist who is looking immediately for a new and very exciting challenge by big international company? If yes, then please have a look at the details:
Overview of the project:
- Design and manage the toolset related to the software development lifecycle
- Develop a highly automated CI/CD platform to reduce manual operational tasks via testing and deployment automation
- Deliver deployment strategies focused on reliability, automation, maintainability and security improving performance, fault tolerance and deployment velocity
- Adopt and maintain tools to support the developers via automated alerting mechanisms
- Analyze complex systems and apply best practices implementing improvements and enhancements
- Coach other team members to adopt more modern technologies and ways of working
- Engage with other stakeholders to identify new or alternative solutions improving our infrastructure
The skills and experience needed for this position are:
- Master or Bachelor in Computer Science (or equivalent degree)
- 5+ years hands-on experience on deployment tools, configuring and maintaining monitoring and alerting dashboards in a DevOps, DevSecOps or Engineering role, preferably in various technology stacks
- Knowledge of best practices on performance, reliability, availability and security of complex and concurrent systems; experience with cloud computing platform concepts and solutions; familiar with concepts like Infrastructure as Code, API Management, OWASP, Server Provisioning
- Experience using applications containerization/orchestration - Docker, Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Advanced Unix-like OS and bash scripting skills and hands on experience with CI/CD pipelines - Jenkins/Bamboo, Bitbucket, Artifactory, SonarQube, ArgoCD, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with Configuration Management tools - Terraform, Ansible, Chef/Puppet and also with monitoring, observability and visualization tools - Grafana, Prometheus, ELK stack
- Software development experience with high-level languages like Java, Python etc.
- Team player who quickly and easily adapts to changing situations, not afraid to take end-to-end ownership of tasks and responsibilities while displaying genuine commitment
- Good communication skills and an open style to provide transparency to management
- Proficient in English, German is a plus
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However should you have any questions please contact Kristina Marzohl at +41 44 229 99 36. If this position is not a perfect fit, please browse through the rest of our job vacancies as we have a range of permanent and contract opportunities available within Switzerland. Contact me via or LinkedIn or Xing.