Data Engineer (w/ Project Manager & Data Warehouse experience)
Data Engineer (w/ Project Manager & data warehouse experience)
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions. Our suite of services ranges from interim and permanent recruitment to managed services and consulting, enabling businesses to achieve their goals. We accelerate organisational growth by attracting, assessing and placing specialized professional talent.
On behalf of our client, a data analytics and business consulting company in Zürich, we are looking for an experienced Data Engineer/ Project Manager with data warehouse expertise, who will work closely with data owners, business and the big data project team to work out data sourcing requirements in a demanding, dynamic and international environment
- Drive data discovery and understanding in source systems
- Take ownership of collecting metadata and mapping data elements to business data requirements and have the possibility to study and perform data profiling
- Prepare technical connectivity specifications to source systems for the development team
- Develop the specifications and drive the implementation of data quality requirements and checks
- Serve as a domain expert during user acceptance testing and discussions with IT partners
- Become part of an open-minded team with a strong team spirit in a versatile, dynamic, and flexible working environment
- A Bachelor or Master degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics) or Information Technology (University or University of Applied Sciences)
- At least 2-3 years' experience in Data Analytics, ideally combined with a technology background in DWH, relational data bases and expertise with Bash
- Familiarity with assembling and analyzing data sets from disparate sources, applying quantitative methodologies, computational frameworks and systems
- The ability to write sophisticated SQL queries in combination with strong data analytics skills and experience with data analytics tools (e.g. Python, R, Java/Scala, SQL and/or SAS)
- A background in big data as well as experience with Agile tools (Confluence, Jira etc) and / or data governance is advantageous
- Business fluency in English is a necessity, German is a plus
- Your excellent organisation, coordination skills and presentation skills enable you to effectively collaborate and building your professional network on all levels incl. senior leaders
- Superb communication and strong motivation to communicate with source system owners
- High integrity, responsibility and confidentiality is a requirement for dealing with sensitive data
- Consistent track record as a strong, persistent and self-starting, standout colleague and independent thinker, willing to cooperate in a highly collaborative environment and contribute to the team's success
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Elisabetta Gianni on +41 44 229 99 25.
Even though this position may not be the perfect fit for you, please reach out to us, as we have hundreds of open positions at Experis IT across Switzerland.
For an overview of available IT positions, click on the link or network with me on LinkedIn.
Your career has big potential. So, explore our website and apply to more jobs today: