Experis IT is Europe's leading IT recruitment agency. We are dedicated to connecting talented individuals with Business opportunities across several professional sectors, with IT being at the heart of our operations.
One of our clients, a leader in the pharmaceutical industry, is looking for a Clinical Developer with hands-on programming skills. This is initially a 12 -month contract with a high possibility of extension located in Basel, Switzerland.
IN this role you will work within a team of experts in data life-cycle management who acquire and curate data for use in exploratory research, clinical development and evidence generation. You will collaborate with peers within the function and across the organization to identify, design and execute fit for purpose data management solutions, adhering to F.A.I.R. (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) principles. You will ensure the timely completion of data management deliverables and partner with Functional Service Providers (FSPs) and vendors, overseeing and providing technical expertise in the delivery of high-quality data. You may also contribute to functional, cross-functional, enterprise-wide or external initiatives that shape our technical landscape, business and healthcare environments. You will need strong strategic, collaboration and communication skills, as well as an entrepreneurial mindset, to evolve the way we collect and deliver data and to develop and deliver medicines for our patients.
Tasks & responsibilities
- STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT: Proactively engage with stakeholders across the business to understand their needs and influence their understanding of decisions made in our function. Inform stakeholders of status of key deliverables and act on changing milestones.
- VENDOR MANAGEMENT: Partner with relevant functions for external data vendor selection and management. Oversee development of data transfer agreements with vendors ensuring use of standards, fit-for-purpose data models and transfer intervals.
- DATA COLLECTION AND ACQUISITION: Act as experts for data collection, advising teams and stakeholders on best practices and proposing innovative solutions. Ensure a high quality of data and compliance with applicable pharma industry regulations and standards.
- PROVIDE DATA SOLUTIONS: Stay current with and adopt emergent data collection, data management, visualisation and provision tools and applications to ensure fit-for-purpose and impactful approaches. Deliver on solutions as needed.
- DATA CURATION: Organization and integration of data collected from various sources. Maintain value of data through application of FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) principles.
- SUPPORT ANALYSES: Partner with stakeholders to understand their data insight needs and offer Data Management solutions. Demonstrate a strong understanding of the data flow from collection through to analysis and filing.
- FUNCTIONAL EXCELLENCE: Collaborate and contribute to functional/cross-functional initiatives or goals to promote new ways of working, including emerging technologies. Enable broader and more effective use of data to support the business.
- TECHNICAL CONSULTANT: Offer guidance and advice to peers within the function, to key stakeholders and to FSPs, CRO and collaborative groups on technical solutions to ensure high quality data collection and delivery. Deliver on solutions as needed
- 2-4y+ of experience working in a similar position in Pharma / Healthcare sector
- Hands-on programming skills in Medidata Rave including C-sharp
- Proven experience working with non-CRF / Vendor data
- Experience with R, Spotfire, Python
- Experience with SDTM implementation and CDISC standards; ideally including CDISC compliant filing, eSubmission support
- Able to manage multiple requests and priorities.
- Good understanding of molecule and disease area strategies, healthcare environments, as well as strong scientific and technical expertise.
- Experience in enterprise level operating systems and familiarity with databases (Relational Database Management System, RDBMS).
- Experience producing interactive outputs (e.g. Shiny, Tableau).
- Experience with standardized terminologies such as MedDRA and WHODrug
- Demonstrated strong collaboration and excellent communication skills - both written and oral (proficiency in English required)
Nice to haves
- Some experience with advanced analytics approaches (e.g. machine learning, AI)
- Experience with tools related to technologies required to undertake analyses on large data sources or with computationally intensive steps (SQL, parallelization, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- BSc or MSc in Life Sciences, Data/Computer Science, Bioinformatics
- Start date: 01.05.2020
- Latest start date: 01.07.2020
- End date: 1 year
- Extension: Extension usually possible
- Workload: 100%
- Work location: Basel
- Remote/Home Office: max. 1 day per week
Interested in this opportunity? Kindly send us your CV today through the link in the advert. However, should you have any questions please contact Alexander Russell on +41 61 282 22 16, at www.linkedin.com/in/alex-russell-experis/ or via email