Business Analyst Forensic
Business Analyst Forensic
Mission to start asap until 31.12.2022 may be renewed / Geneva / 80-100%
Experis is the global leader in professional resourcing and project-based workforce solutions.
We are looking for a Business Analyst for a international Organization based in Geneva.
The Business Analyst is responsible for capturing business needs, translating the needs into requirements & functional specifications and ensuring they are addressed by T&I services and solutions.
He or she will be dedicated to an internal platform project.
The platform is developed by the customer, mainly built on Microsoft CRM Dynamics (dev started in 2017 and composed of 4 Modules), It will be offered to external partners to help record, process, store, archive and share information. . The overarching objective is to help properly account for the missing and dead and increase positive case resolution.
At this stage in the development of the Project, the Business Analyst is expected to focus on Module 3 of the Platform, which is expected to result in the development of an algorithm that compares information and produce ranking. The Module 3 will build on the existing CRM architecture while also integrating through APIs elastic search capabilities, GIS capabilities and python. The project aims to assess and increase data quality to support the comparison and ranking results.
To properly capture the needs, the Business Analyst is expected to have experience in analyzing complex business requirements and drafting necessary specifications to be submitted to external companies for development as part of a fixed price offer. To this end, familiarity with Microsoft CRM Dynamics and integration of other capabilities through APIs is required. The platform architecture will support forensic case resolution in multiple contexts with a range of scientific and analytical requirements.
Main Responsibilities :
- Work with the Project Manager and Subject Matter Experts to challenge and define the scope via business process analysis to ensure full Business and T&I understanding;
- Document and manage functional and non-functional requirements ;
- Translate the requirements into detailed specifications, inside the Microsoft TFS / Azure Devops system;
- Create and manage traceability matrixes that allow all requirements to be traced from business demand through to testing, defect management and delivery;
- Closely collaborate with the technical and development teams (onsite and/or offshore);
- Create and update a solution design documentation.
- Perform gap analysis between out of the box capabilities of standard tool and business expectations.
Domain subject-matter expert:
- Gain quickly a very good understanding of specific activities and needs related to forensic and missing person investigations and the management of human remains in humanitarian contexts,
- Bring an in-depth experience of performing business analysis on an off the shelf solution developed by an external supplier;
- Propose proactively improvements to the supporting Information Systems as well as suggesting process improvements through business process analysis;
- Be familiar with data quality management and data analysis best practices to support complex data flow and protection requirements,
- Propose alternative technical and business solutions;
- Maintain a business knowledge base through process documentation, securing T&I and business knowledge.
Functional Testing :
- Contribute to the definition of the overall testing strategy and test plans;
- Document functional test cases;
- Execute functional tests;
- Perform defect management, liaising with development teams and suppliers;
- Ensure change requests are identified, documented and included in the project management process;
- Facilitate business acceptance and solution validation through UAT (User Acceptance Testing) with the Business teams.
Training and deployment
- Support the handover and training of both T&I and Business users (handover).
- Support the Deployment team on an advanced usage and configuration of the solution and support the Deployment team in the industrialization of the deployments.
- The Business Analyst may be asked to travel for short periods during this assignment;
- The Business analyst is expected to work closely with internal and external partners, business teams, Technical T&I teams, external supplier(s) and occasionally other external partners such as NGO or state authorities.
Background and experience:
- Min. 7 years experience in Business Analysis on IT projects;
- Proven capacity to work in an international environment (English speaking teams) and multi-location teams;
- Good general knowledge of both worlds: Technology & Business;
- Experience on projects aimed at developing;
- Experience in Agile methodologies;
- Experience in Microsoft CRM Dynamics is strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of Python/Elastic Search/GIS (Geographic Information System) capabilities strongly preferred;
- Experience in BPM (Business Process Management) for modelling, improvement and for support to the specification of solutions; Experience on Business Process Modelling BPMN 2.0 an asset;
- Experience in consulting role and/or Enterprise architecture is an asset;
- MS TFS or AzureDevops experience an asset;
- Advanced university degree preferably in business administration and/or IT; specialized training in performance management an asset;
- Business analysis certification (e.g. CCBA, CBAP), Agile product ownership or other suitable professional certification is an asset.
Profile and skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Proven autonomy, dynamic spirit, ability to take initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience and capacity to work constructively in teams under considerable pressure
- Strong capacity to quickly understand multiple new concepts in parallel and identify impacts on both Business and Information System;
- Pragmatic and results-oriented approach combined with enthusiasm and curiosity in developing an in-depth understanding of complex business processes.
- Proactive and results-oriented; strong ability to prioritize;
- Ability to work autonomously, while also being a strong team player and accustomed to driving change forward;
- Flexible and motivated to join an experienced team on an ongoing project;
- Excellent communication and listening skills in order to capture the information required;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; thorough and precise;
- Adept at collecting, synthesizing, interpreting, and summarizing data;
- Ability to translate complex questions into practical strategies and to present information in a clear and concise manner;
- Sense of initiative and ability to critically examine issues and find constructive solutions with the project team;
- Other languages such as French and Spanish are assets;
- Excellent presentation skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your CV or if you have any questions, contact me on +41 22 979 09 05
Take the next step and send us your CV and contact phone number on which we can reach you during working hours.
Due to Swiss work permit restrictions, we can only consider applications from Swiss nationals, EU citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
By applying, you agree to the storage and processing of your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.
Linkedin profile : https://www.linkedin.com/in/meissoun-zargouni-16484020/